1. You can tell all the hobbits apart.
2. You consider the non-extended movies no longer canon once the “real” versions are released.
3. You name your pets after LOTR characters.
4. You’ve already watched the trailer for “The Hobbit” multiple times.
5. At a certain point, you began accidentally picking up Elvish.
6. You’ve had crushes on at least half of the members of the Fellowship: Frodo, Sam, Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli, Pippin, Merry, and Gandalf.
7. You’ve watched both commentaries all the way through – more than once.
8. You sometimes watch just the second movie on its own – because it’s still better than almost any movie out there.
9. You’ve participated in at least three all-day LOTR marathons, and know there will be more.
10. After hearing the cave troll in “Fellowship” described by the writers as someone who fell in with the wrong crowd, you dream that he finds a nice lady troll and settles down.
11. You name your pets after LOTR characters.
12. You accidentally quote LOTR in your own writing, as well as in ordinary life.
13. You plan to watch the movies as part of your “natural pain relief” strategies for giving birth – because they’re JUST THAT AWESOME – epidural awesome, if you like. Because you might be in labour, but at least you’re not. . .
-being turned evil by your macguffin.
-running after a band of uruk-hair for three days.
-a dwarf woman.
I’m 13 for 13. How many of these apply to you?
Pre-labour report: More contractions yesterday and last night, and then they calmed down again today. Bah! Fortunately my sister is now in town, and on her most distracting behaviour. I have now had contractions from 3 minutes to an hour apart for a week. Last night I wasn’t able to sleep for more than an hour and a half at a time. Gee, it’d sure be nice to have a baby about now.